Wednesday, 14 September 2016

6 things that have made me happy today #10


1) Actually helping patients
The last couple of weeks of 5th year, I have actually felt like I am making a difference to patients. Instead of just bugging them for histories and examinations, I'm now constantly on the ward, overseeing their care, and doing jobs for them like referrals and taking blood. It made me feel so much better today, and also reiterated to me why I have put myself through 5 years of medical school to be a doctor.

2) Choux buns and the Bake Off
My friend Hannah came over this evening, and we ate choux buns whilst watching The Great British Bake Off. I love evenings in like this - and you can't watch the Bake Off without a snack, right?

3) Creating a video
After my amazing summer away, I decided that I wanted to make a video of each country that I visited. I started my video for Fiji today, and am so happy with how it looks so far. I love being creative and making something that I can look back on, so creating videos of my summer seemed like the perfect way to do this. It's also a way for me to relax after my hospital placement.

4) Being mistaken for a doctor
Whilst I was on the ward today, a 3rd year medical student came up to me and asked if they could follow me around on a ward round. It made me chuckle, and then I realised that actually the day that medical students will start following me around isn't that far away!

5) Egg fried rice
I made egg fried rice for dinner. I love egg fried rice. I also have some for lunch tomorrow.

6) My mum
My mum sent me some photos of the countryside at home this morning, to show me how beautiful mornings can be, to help me get out of bed today. It made me cry a little bit, and miss home even more, but I managed to get myself into hospital - so thank you, Mum, for always knowing what I need.
Be the reason someone smiles today.
#projectsmile



1 comment:

  1. I love egg fried rice and the Bake Off! Great post, the little things make a huge difference! Xx

    ALittleKiran | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete