Tuesday, 6 September 2016

Early night

The past couple of days, I have found that I have been extremely tired during hospital placement. I think this is because I am not getting enough sleep, so today I decided that I would try and get at least 9 hours of sleep each night (my optimum is around 10).

This means going to sleep around 9pm, which is much earlier than usual, so here are a few ways I'm going to help myself get off to sleep earlier:
1) Get into bed by 8.30pm and read for half an hour
2) Light a relaxing candle
3) Drink a hot chocolate
4) Use a lavender scented pillow spray and sleep balm
5) Eat earlier so that I'm not too full when I get into bed
6) Stop using all devices with screens by 8.30pm

Let's see how it goes, fingers crossed I'm less tired tomorrow!

Hannah x

1 comment:

  1. I've been trying to do this recently and definitely agree with the lavender scented spray and the screens, I have a really bad habit of setting myself up for bed and then lying there on my phone for an hour pointlessly scrolling through Facebook, Instagram etc. Good luck with your early nights, hopefully they work for you!

    Kirsty - HelloZelda xo

    ReplyDelete