Wednesday, 21 September 2016

One very proud daughter


My mum inspires me every day. She is always loving, always kind, and always supportive, even of tiny achievements. She is the person that I will ring any time of the night or day, no matter what. The person that I can always rely on. You can read her blog post about living with someone with depression, where she wrote about me and my own struggles, here. Mum is always understanding and never judgmental. She is so well-respected by her colleagues and friends, and makes me laugh every time I am around her. I'm always proud to call her my mother and best friend.

Mum is also very giving. In fact she is doing a 15 mile walk tomorrow in aid of Alzheimer's society, and I would love it if you could support her alongside me. Most of us will know someone that suffers with dementia, and consequently will know how awful it can be for the family and friends. There is no current treatment for Alzheimer's disease, and the charity carries out research to fight against dementia and the distress that it causes.

If you would like to donate, even just £1 or £2, please visit Mum's Just Giving page here. HSBC bank is doubling every donation, so everything really does count.

Good luck to one of my favourite people in the world, from a very proud daughter xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Kindness is a language that the deaf can hear and the blind can see.
                      - Mark Twain
#projectsmile



No comments:

Post a Comment