Tuesday, 25 October 2016

Autumn skincare with Beauty Kitchen

Beauty Kitchen Abyssinian Oil


I have always struggled with my skin, and haven't really found anything that has helped it until recently, so I'm always on the lookout for new skincare products that I can try out. When Beauty Kitchen contacted me about their Abyssinian Oil range I had a read up about their products and they really interested me, so I asked if I could try a couple out.


Beauty Kitchen's products are all 100% natural and made from pure essential oils and naturally derived ingredients. Abyssinian oil comes from the Crambe Abyssnian plant and has been clinically proven to be more effective than Argan oil in terms of hydration. It is very similar to human sebum, so is suitable for all skin types. I was very skeptical about this as I have oily skin, and putting more oil on seemed a bit counter-productive! But I decided to give it a try anyway.


The first product I received was the Aroma Facial Concentrate*. I have been using this morning and night after cleansing - I use 2-3 drops and massage it all over my face until it has absorbed into my skin. The first thing that I noticed was the subtle smell, which is really lovely. The oil absorbs into my skin really quickly and leaves it feeling really soft and smooth - and no more oily than it was before! I haven't developed any spots whilst using this either, which I was a bit worried about. Sometimes if I use oil-based products I wake up with really greasy skin in the morning, but I have not had this at all since using this oil; I'm actually really impressed with it.

I think I have been converted to using this instead of my usual cream moisturiser. It really does feel lovely on my skin and is so easy to use - plus my skin feels so good afterwards, and really hydrated. I love that it's 100% natural and good for the environment as well as my skin.


 The second product I received was the Abyssinian Oil Facial Cleansing Balm*. This balm is designed to remove make-up at the end of the day. I have been rubbing a little bit between my fingers to warm it up slightly, and then have smoothed it into my skin to take away all my make-up. I then wash it off using a muslim cloth. It really does remove all of my facial make-up, although you're not supposed to use it on your eyes so I have to use some make-up remover to take off my mascara (I'm quite lazy so this is a bit of a downside for me - I like a multi-tasking cleanser).

However you can feel it removing your make-up when it's massaged into your skin, and my face always feels really clean afterwards. It's quite thick so I expected it to leave a residue on my skin, but when I use the muslim cloth to remove it it comes off completely. I then put the facial concentrate on my skin afterwards.


I am very impressed by Beauty Kitchen and would love to try out more of their products - especially their sleep range (if you read my blog regularly you'll know that I struggle to sleep at night). I would definitely recommend both of these products, but I think that the facial oil concentrate is my favourite - it just leaves my skin feeling so nice and surprisingly works really well with my skin type. I will be re-purchasing it as soon as it runs out, although it will last ages as I hardly have to use any each time!

You can now buy Beauty Kitchen at Holland & Barrett, or online at beautykitchen.co.uk.
You know, sometimes all you need is twenty seconds of insane courage, literally twenty seconds of embarrassing bravery and I promise you, something great will come of it.
                           - We Bought A Zoo
#projectsmile



No comments:

Post a Comment