Monday, 31 October 2016

Frederiks


Frederiks, 32 Hope Street, Liverpool, L1 9BX

Today I had a morning in uni, so me and my friend Kath decided to make the most of it and go out for lunch for a catch-up afterwards. We went to Frederiks, which is situated on Hope Street near the Catholic Cathedral, which is very handy from the university. We had heard good things about Frederiks and that the whole table would be filled with food... and they weren't wrong!


The vibe in Frederiks is lovely, with lots of fairy lights and a cosy fire. It actually made me feel really Christmassy! The restaurant is much bigger than it looks from the outside and goes back a long way, although we didn't need to worry about getting a table at lunch time on a Monday.

We were served really quickly and the staff were very friendly and efficient, which is always good.


We were told to 'treat the menu like a tapas menu' - aka we were supposed to pick a few dishes each. The menu has so many choices, which are unlike other places in Liverpool - this made Frederiks stand out for me. The categories of tapas were seafood, meat, veg and cheese (the best category), but there were also options for salads and pizzas too. And the best thing is, the small dishes are all 3 for 2 during the day, so how could we not take advantage that offer and eat all the food?!


I chose: garlic and chilli king prawns; Colman's mac and cheese; baked mini Camembert; and hand cut chunky chips. The portions are huge (which was amazing), and I struggled to finish it all (but don't worry, I just about managed). My favourite was probably the mac and cheese, although I really enjoyed the chunky chips too. To be honest, I enjoyed everything - I added some of the Camembert to the pasta to make it even cheesier...


Kath went for: steamed clams and chorizo with sweetcorn; pulled pork with a waffle stack and maple syrup; mac and cheese; and sweet potato fries. She said that all of hers were delicious too.


I ended up paying around £18 for all of that food plus a drink, which I think is a really decent price for such good quality, and obviously homemade, food. I would love to go back and sample some more of the menu, as there is so much to choose from. Their salmon fishcakes and truffle cauliflower cheese sound incredible.

If you are a cheese lover, then Frederiks is the place for you. You could honestly have a whole meal of cheese if you wanted to (I was tempted). Camembert, goat's cheese, mozzarella.. You name it, it's probably on the menu.

I would 100% wholeheartedly recommend that you check out Frederiks as soon as possible. Trust me, they have something for everyone.
Always do what you are afraid to do.
                      - Ralph Waldo Emerson
#projectsmile



No comments:

Post a Comment