Sunday, 30 October 2016

Howl'oween puppy parade


If you've been following my blog for a while now, you may remember that last year I went to a Howl'oween puppy parade in Liverpool.

Well, I went again this year!


Every year around Halloween, BrewDog bar on Colquitt Street holds a puppy parade, where owners can bring their dogs along (preferably dressed up!) to meet other dogs and owners, and go for a 20 minute walk to show off their pooches.


There were hundreds of people and dogs there this year - probably around 3 times as many as last year, which was so nice to see. There were loads of pugs there, but also lots of different breeds of dogs too - like this cute spaniel who was loving the attention from everyone!


I went with my friend Kelly and we were in our element, going round to as many dogs as possible for a cuddle and a stroke. It was really nice to get to know their owners too - it's funny how dogs can really make people come together.


This was possibly the scariest outfit of them all...


The best thing about the day is that it also raises money for charity. Money was raised for Merseyside Dogs Home and Pug Muffin Rescue, and people were also encouraged to donate items such as blankets, towels and bedding to them.

This little 11 week old puppy is called Pablo - he's a Labradoodle and is currently being trained to be a guide dog for children with ADHD and autism through Merseyside Dogs Home. He will stop them from running into roads, pick things up for them, and complete other daily tasks for them that they may struggle with. He was the cutest dog there - I bet he raised a lot of money for Merseyside Dogs Home as nobody could help but approach him!


I was so impressed by the array of outfits on display, and it was so lovely to see the dogs so excited to have all of the fuss and meet some new friends.


Minion pug.


Hot dog.


TY toy Daschund. This outfit was very subtle but clever at the same time.


There was also a pug dressed up as an elephant (ele-pug) who was adorable.

I had such a lovely afternoon - I miss my dogs so much so this was the perfect therapy for me. Dogs are so special and really do make people so happy. I will definitely be going again if I am in Liverpool next year!*

*That's a scary thought that I may not be in Liverpool this time next year...!
If I had a pound for every time my dog made me smile, I would be a millionaire.
#projectsmile



No comments:

Post a Comment