Wednesday, 12 October 2016

Wahaca and The Girl on the Train


Wahaca, 24 College Lane, Liverpool, L1 3DS

I wrote about Wahaca, the Mexican restaurant, a few months ago (post here), but tonight I visited again with my friend as I was craving a burrito. Wahaca is one of my favourite restaurants in Liverpool, so I was really looking forward to this evening!

We both had cocktails to drink - I had a mojito and it was delicious.


Last time I went to Wahaca I ordered the sweet potato and feta taquito, and I had to have it again because it is one of the most amazing things I have ever eaten. It has sweet potato inside, and is smothered in feta cheese and mayonnaise. Literally heaven on a plate.


I also had the cactus and courgette burrito, which was also really, really good. I loved the nachos and the guacamole on the side.

Afterwards we went to the Odeon cinema to watch The Girl on the Train. I read the book recently and really enjoyed it, so I had high hopes for the film. Some of the things were slightly different to the book - one of the biggest being that the film is set in America, whereas the book is set in the UK. However it was still a great film and I would recommend a watch - although if you want to read the book, definitely read it before you see the film as you don't want to spoil the ending! The book has a much better and longer build-up to it that means it leaves you in suspense after each chapter, and the story line is explained better in words than it is portrayed on screen.

I had a really lovely night - I love mid-week meet ups and a bit of a treat to keep me going until the weekend.
By doing what you love, you inspire and awaken the hearts of others.
#projectsmile



No comments:

Post a Comment