Thursday, 17 November 2016

26 pieces you need from the #VeryDresses event


I've got to admit, Very is not a place that I tend to think to click on very often. I think I own one or two pieces from the website from years ago. However when I was invited to attend their #VeryDresses event on Tuesday evening, showcasing their Christmas party dresses, I was very intrigued.


If you're not familiar with Very, it is a British online retailer that was launched in 2009, that sells everything from clothes, to homeware, to toys, to beauty products. Very has its own branded products, V by Very, but also sells products from other brands such as River Island, Nike, Adidas, Calvin Klein, Jimmy Choo, and so many more. You can see the full list of their brands here (it's very extensive!).

Very also has the option of opening a credit account, so you buy now and pay later. At the moment they are giving up to 20% off your first credit order.


I was actually quite shocked at how much Very sells when I opened their website - if you're looking for some inspiration, or want something from a particular brand that is sold out, Very is definitely the place to check out!


As soon as we entered the huge bright room we were given either a glass of Prosecco or orange juice (I was driving so had to opt for orange juice, booo). The room had loads of Very's products on display, and we basically just went around having a look at everything on show. And the first thing I noticed was the glitter - alllll the glitter. It instantly made me feel so Christmassy!

I mean, just look at these gorgeous shoes... I would actually feel like a walking Christmas tree wearing them, especially if they were paired with some of the sequined dresses.


The shoe selection was glorious - they sell brands such as Dune, Aldo and Kurt Geiger (these beauties below are KG, and they're reduced - you can find them here and thank me later).


The bag section was gorgeous too - I particularly liked this little blue prism bag with a pom-pom.


Arghhh, I just feel so Christmassy!!!


One brand that I didn't realise Very sells is NYX. I absolutely love NYX make-up - I love how many different colours and options they have. I especially fell in love with their glitter pots - they're more versatile than you would think. The girls from the Clayton Square Liverpool Boots counter were at the event, giving people make overs, and they both had glittery eyes, which were gorgeous.


They were also giving people glittery lips! Chloe and Danielle's looked amazing for Christmas time.


I opted to have some glitter eyeliner, which I will definitely try to recreate nearer Christmas.


And here's the most exciting bit - the clothes. I think I turned into a magpie that evening because I was literally drawn to everything sparkly and shiny. And there was a lot to choose from.

This star print playsuit was incredible. 


The buyers at Very have done such a good job for Christmas this year - there were so many items that I loved, but the sparkly and glittery things were definitely top for me...


...Right down to the sequinned wall.

If you have any special events coming up soon, or simply want to find something to wear for Christmas/New Year's/every day, definitely check out Very. I definitely will in the future! It would be the perfect place to buy Christmas presents from, too.


 As there was so much to choose from, I thought I would do a quick round-up of the 10 pieces you need* from the #VeryDresses event.

*Okay, want. But I do really, really need them... Santa?

Sequins
Sequins are always huge during the winter months, and just make your party outfit a little more special. Very has loads of sequin dresses in right now. I love wearing sequins for day and night - I have a sequinned mini skirt that I just dress down with a sweater for the day. It's amazing how versatile they can be!




1) Motel Animal Sequin Deep Plunge Mini Dress - £55
2) Myleene Klass Wrap Sequin Maxi Dress - £100 (was £110)
3) So Fabulous Sequin Dress - £65
4) V by Very Sequin Wrap Front Dress - £32 (was £45)
5) V by Very All Over Sequin Dress - £120
6) Rare Cross Strap Sequin Wrap Dress - £42 (was £62)

Embroidered
Unless you've lived under a rock for the past couple of months, you'll know that embroidery is a massive trend right now - you can't go into a shop without seeing some embroidered flowers or stitched stars. Here are my picks of Very's embroidered range.



7) River Island Embroidered Double Layer Bodycon Dress - £95
8) River Island Embroidered Ankle Boot - £45
9) River Island Embroidered Slouch Bag - £35
10) Miss Selfridge Embroidered Gypsy Top - £40
11) Little Mistress Embroidered Floral Maxi Dress - £125
12) Glamorous Lace Up Embroidered Silver Biker Jacket - £85
13) Miss Selfridge Embroidered Skater Dress - £65
14) V by Very Star Embroidered Blouse with Pussybow Neck Tie - £32

Skirts
Skirts are always my go-to for a night out. You can dress them up or down, depending on the type of top you pair with them.



15) Myleene Klass Metallic Pleated Skirt - £45
16) River Island Embroidered A-Line Denim Skirt - £40
17) Glamorous Tutu Skirt - £42
18) River Island Suedette Lace Hem Mini Skirt - £28
19) Glamorous Pleated Midi Skirt - £30
20) V by Very Metallic A-Line Mini Skirt - £25 (was £30)

Shoes
Shoes just finish off an outfit, don't they?


21) V by Very Glitter Minimal Sandal - £25 (was £28)
22) River Island Jewel Embellished Trainer - £33 (was 48)
23) V by Very Imogen Velvet Over the Knee Boots - £40 (was £48)
24) River Island Platform Shoe - £50 (was £58)
25) V by Very Brixton Tie Up Pointed Flat Shoe - £12 (was £22)
26) Ted Baker Embellished Court Shoe - £150

Thank you very much, Very, for having me at one of the best events I've been to in a while!
Never love anybody who treats you like you're ordinary.
                     - Oscar Wilde
#projectsmile



No comments:

Post a Comment