Thursday, 10 November 2016

6 things that have made me happy today #11

1) My psychiatry placement
So at the moment I am on 2 days GP and 2 days psychiatry, and I am really enjoying both so far. I got to see some really interesting cases today, including a patient with dementia and another with psychosis that is refractory to treatment, and I was able to listen to their stories. Psychiatry is so interesting - probably even more so because I have suffered with a mental illness myself. It's definitely something I'm still thinking about as a career.

2) Having Fridays off
From now until Christmas I have every Friday off because of the way my placement works for this block, and it is honestly one of the nicest feelings ever knowing that I have a long weekend ahead of me. Friday lie-ins are going to be incredible.

3) Driving home
As I have tomorrow off, I decided to drive home this evening to spend the weekend with my family. I love the drive home as I play music really loud and sing along to it even louder - this evening's choice was Christmas songs. Oh yes, I went there.

4) Sleeping well
The past 2 nights I have slept so well, and it has been amazing. I could tell I slept well because I didn't really remember any of my dreams in the morning, and I also woke up with a dry mouth (this only happens when I'm really deep asleep as I must be so relaxed that I sleep with my mouth open... Anyone else? Oh, just me then... Lovely.). I think GP has been so tiring as I've been doing long days and have been constantly think hard about diagnosis and management, so I have just dropped off to sleep really easily. I don't think I've slept that well since before summer.

5) The colourful leaves
Every time I see a heap of colourful leaves that have fallen off the trees it makes me very happy, as it reminds me of when I used to jump into them when I was younger. I love this time of year so much.

6) Christmas candles
I have been burning festive scented candles recently, and I am feeling so ready for Christmas now. This is definitely my favourite time of year!
Every day may not be good, but there is something good in every day.
#projectsmile



No comments:

Post a Comment