Thursday, 3 November 2016

Liverpool Metquarter Christmas press day


The Metquarter shopping centre is not the place that I tend to go for a usual shop, as I always think it's too expensive and 'posh' for me. However when I was asked to attend their Christmas press day last week I was intrigued, and decided to go along to see the Christmas stock (and, let's be honest, to secretly be able to feel Christmassy without anyone telling me off).

The Metquarter is in the centre of Liverpool, just around the corner from Liverpool One, and is seen to be a 'luxury' shopping centre consisting mostly of boutique stores. It has shops such as Mac, Illamasqua, LK Bennett, Jo Malone, All Saints and Diesel, as well as a slightly cheaper Paperchase and Costa.


As soon as I entered the room that the event was being held in, I was accosted by Christmas music and Christmas decorations. And I loved it. I was given a glass of champagne and the girls that were doing the PR for the event (Carousel PR) showed me around and talked me through the products. There were lots of things that I really loved and that weren't actually too pricey, so I'm going to show you some of the products and link them to their websites where I can.

Illamasqua Christmas 2016


I think the products that I was most excited about was the Illamasqua make-up. The highlighters were gorgeous and I adored the Extinct gift sets. Especially the eye set (above) and the Go Nude gift set. The packaging is so pretty! Illamasqua is a brand that I had heard of before, but not really tried out. I was very impressed with their make-up, so I will definitely be giving the store a visit some time soon.

Kurt Geiger Christmas 2016


Kurt Geiger is another brand that I have heard of but not really explored before. But I loved this scarf and hat because of the multi-coloured pom poms.

Links of London Christmas 2016


I'm not able to link (ha) all of this jewellery separately, but Links of London have some gorgeous pieces that would definitely make a special gift for someone at Christmas. I have really got into more dainty jewellery recently, so really enjoyed looking at Links' necklaces and earrings.


Another part of the room that I loved was this sofa area - it was such a gorgeous shade of blue. And the lamp was amazing too. I am hoping to move out and start getting my own furniture over the next couple of years, so I will definitely be checking out Made.com as it has some lovely products.

ghd copper luxe christmas 2016

ghd Copper Luxe Premium Gift Set (Straighteners, nail varnishes, bag)

These ghd products were so gorgeous - I love the colour of copper so these were perfect. ghd have a whole new copper luxe range out for Christmas. Definitely worth a look if you're looking for a new hair straightener/hair dryer/hair wand! You will also find these in the Metquarter's Sasoon salon.

MAC Christmas 2016
MAC Christmas 2016


MAC have brought out so many new gift sets for Christmas! The pink packaging reminds me of toy soldiers. There is so much to choose from, from brush kits to new eye compacts. I also liked the little lip and eye bags.

MAC glitter pigment
MAC lips
LK Bennett pom pom keyrings
LK Bennett Christmas 2016 heels

LK Bennett Pom Pom Keyrings
LK Bennet Court Shoes

I can't find either of these products to link to, but they will definitely be in store. These pom poms are so sweet - I have a couple that I change between on my keys and they definitely make them easier to find when they're in the bottom of my bag. I also kind of fell in love with these heels, which is weird for me as they are not really my style. I just think they look so elegant and like something Blair Waldorf would wear.


We were also given some canapes, courtesy of Carluccio's, while we were wandering around, which were delicious. I especially enjoyed the fish cake balls with chutney on top. The macaroons were from Patisserie Valerie, which had cakes that looked absolutely mouthwatering when I walked past it.


The tree decorations were mainly thanks to Paperchase, who have some gorgeous Christmas stock in. Their decorations are all currently 3 for 2.


I love this unicorn decoration! They have some really quirky pieces so that you can add your own individual style to your house at Christmas time.


There were also some clothing brands at the event such as Phase Eight, Armani Exchange, House of CB and Diesel. There were some lovely dresses that would be perfect for Christmas parties - it would be worth having a look around the Metquarter if you have any special events coming up. The amazing necklace above is from Olivia Divine and is only £25!


I had such a lovely afternoon and really got into the Christmas spirit whilst I was at the event - I would like to thank Carousel PR and the Metquarter for inviting me along. We came away with some very generous goodie bags (an Illamasqua lipstick which I am loving!) and it was nice to meet some other bloggers that attended the event. If you would like to find more about what the Metquarter has to offer, check out their website here.
If it doesn't open, it's not your door.
#projectsmile



No comments:

Post a Comment