Tuesday, 1 November 2016

Ness gardens


This post is going to be very picture-heavy, as there were so many gorgeous things to take photos of!


This afternoon my friend Kelly and I decided to visit Ness Botanic Gardens as the weather was so nice. Ness gardens are situated on the Wirral, just over the river from Liverpool, overlooking the River Dee


Ness gardens occupy a huge 64 acres, and the land just seemed to go on and on, with something new to see around each corner.


The gardens are actually owned by the University of Liverpool, so students at the university can get into the gardens for just £1, which is amazing. The gardens often have events on, such as star gazing or Halloween events, which sound fun for all ages.


We wandered around for an hour or so, finding new things to explore each time we turned a corner.



There was even a kids' playground! (Which we obviously made use of).


The gardens truly were beautiful, and I would definitely recommend a visit if you're in this neck of the woods (ha). The trees were all different colours because of the time of the year, which probably made it even more special.


The gardens would be accessible for anyone as there are lots of little tracks. I would have loved to have visit as a child, as it would be a great place to play hide and seek.


The views over the River Dee were incredible - and we definitely had the perfect weather for it.


Ness Botanic Gardens are a bit of a hidden secret, and I think they should be advertised more. We had such a lovely afternoon there and I definitely want to go back again soon.
I always did something I was a little not ready to do. I think that is how you grow.
                    - Marissa Mayer
#projectsmile



No comments:

Post a Comment