Sunday, 11 December 2016

Berlin


I was supposed to blog yesterday but I fell asleep at 6pm... To be fair I had only had an hour and a half's sleep in 26 hours.

On Friday night I drove my sister and I down to London to catch a flight to Berlin yesterday morning. It was Katie's 21st birthday recently so we decided to come to Germany to celebrate, and also to see the Christmas markets.


We got to Berlin around midday yesterday, so we checked into our hotel and decided we would have a bit of an explore. We went to Alexanderplatz, one of Berlin's main squares, and looked around the Christmas market there, as well as going into their huge Primark (which was hectic, I would never go in there again!!). We came back to our hotel early, had some noodles, and went to sleep.


Today we went on a free walking tour which was great - it showed us all of the main sights and we got more of a feel for the city, as well as learning more about the history of Berlin. We saw places such as Brandenburg Gate, Checkpoint Charlie, Humboldt University and the Reichstag building.



We went round a couple more Christmas markets and ate more food.


Here I am at the Memorial to the Murdered Jews, which was really moving.

I'm going to do a detailed post on Berlin when I'm home, but I thought I'd give you a quick overview of our time here so far! Our flight back is tomorrow evening.

Hannah x

No comments:

Post a Comment