Monday, 5 December 2016

#CarnLIVal and Bangor


I have had a very busy weekend this week! On Saturday I went to #CarnLIVal, a blogging event organised by Sam and Katy. #CarnLIVal was basically a festive gathering of bloggers in Magnet Bar on Hardman Street in Liverpool. We were all encouraged to wear our Christmas jumpers (I wore the most garish sweater I own), and as soon as I arrived there were Christmas tunes playing through the speakers. I spent the majority of my time catching up with the other bloggers that I knew, and meeting new ones too. But there were also games (hence the name #CarnLIVal) to take part in. There was a tombola (where I won a bottle of wine!), a picking sticks game, a raffle, a Christmas poem competition, and a jar to guess the number of sweets in. I was the closest to the actual number of sweets in the jar, so I won - and now I have 128 sweets to eat... They might keep me going until next week.

We also had a Christmas quiz which I really enjoyed. I didn't actually get any photos of the event as I was too busy chatting, but I had such a lovely time as always, and I would like to thank Katy and Sam for inviting me. They always have such amazing ideas for events and work so hard towards them - well done you two!


After #CarnLIVal I drove to Bangor in Wales, where my sister is at university. It was her 21st birthday last week so she asked me to go over to celebrate this weekend with her and her friends. We played some drinking games in the flat (including one called chandelier that was lethal), and then went out to a club afterwards. I had a really fun night and enjoyed dancing with everyone and getting to know Katie's friends. They're such a fun bunch of people. Although I've realised that I'm getting a bit old for clubbing - by 2am my back was hurting, my feet were aching, and I could hardly keep my eyes open as I was so tired... Sign of a good night?

Yesterday Katie and I went around the shops in Bangor and I finished my Christmas shopping off. I had such a good weekend with her as always - we get on so well and she's definitely one of my best friends. I think getting older has made us really close as we have got more similar with age, as well as my depression and some of the things that we have been through in the past, as she has been right beside me throughout all of it.

Then I came back to Liverpool to a full Christmas dinner - pigs in blankets and crackers included!
Sister, the greatest gift our parents ever gave us was each other.
#projectsmile



No comments:

Post a Comment