Wednesday, 14 December 2016

Feeling sorry for myself

It's not often I get physically ill, but today I've felt awful. I woke up with a really sore throat and a croaky voice, and whilst I was driving to placement I was going hot and cold and had a really sore neck with inflamed lymph glands. So I was sent straight home as soon as I got there, and the rest of the day has been spent in bed.

I think I have a viral tonsillitis with a bit of a cold too, so I've been feeling very sorry for myself all day. I'll survive, but I hate being ill - I think I can deal with my depression much better than when I'm physically unwell!

I feel like I've neglected my blog a bit over the past week or so, but I'm going to get my post up on Berlin tomorrow night, and am hoping to do some Christmassy-themed posts over the next week or so. I'm back home tomorrow for a couple of weeks for Christmas, which I am really excited for!

I'm off to get some hot blackcurrant squash and get into bed with my book. Hot squash reminds me of my childhood and never fails to make me feel better :)
Why fit in when you were born to stand out?
              - Dr Seuss
#projectsmile



No comments:

Post a Comment