Saturday, 31 December 2016

My hopes for 2017


I'm not a big New Year's resolution type of girl as I think it puts too much pressure on people to keep them. However 2017 will bring a lot of change for me, so I thought I would give you a few hopes for the year ahead:

1) Learn more about managing money
Quite honestly, I am rubbish with banking and managing money. My mum works in a bank so I often just ask her to help sort out opening a new account or getting an overdraft. However in 2017 I will start working, and I really want to learn how to manage my money by myself - including mortgages, loans, overdrafts and saving accounts. Boring maybe, but essential.

2) Get a dog
This is a massive one for me - when I start working in the summer, I want to get a dog as soon as possible. A daschund, to be precise! One of the biggest things that makes me happy in life is dogs, so the sooner I can get my own the better.

3) Learn to cook more
At the moment I only really cook quick, student-y meals that don't really take much thought. As I transition into a proper adult I'd like to be able to cook different meals, and maybe have a dinner party or two.

4) Decorate my own place
A lot of these points will happen more towards the summer, when I graduate, but I also really want to get a place that I can decorate how I like. I have already started planning this - Pinterest is very helpful!

5) Keep blogging
I really want to carry on with my little space on the internet. Medicine doesn't really give me much opportunity to be creative, so blogging is my outlet for that. I am hoping to still continue to blog as often as possible, although when I start working this may become more difficult. However I do have a few plans for some new content in the new year, so I guess we'll just have to see how it goes.

6) Stay happy
This is perhaps the most important, yet the most difficult, hope for me. For most of 2016 I can say that I have been happy, and I would love for this to continue for the next 12 months and beyond. I am hoping that some of the items on this list will continue to make me happy, and I am actually very excited for what 2017 brings.

Happy New Year!!!
Believe you can and you're halfway there.
#projectsmile



1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year :) I hope you get to build on all your 2016 successes for a fabulous 2017!!
    Jennifer x
    Ginevrella | Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete