Friday, 2 December 2016

The 12 best things about December


1) The excuse to wear glitter whenever and wherever you like
I love that this time of year just calls for glitter and sparkle. I find myself wearing sequinned tops and skirts much more frequently in December; they make me feel like a giant disco ball and I love it.

2) FOOD
CHEESE, PIGS IN BLANKETS, MINCE PIES, CHRISTMAS PUDDING, COSTA HOT CHOCOLATES... Need I say more?!

3) Christmas scented candles
Gingerbread, cinnamon, spiced apple, pine needles... Christmas candles are my favourite type of scent - they make me feel so cosy and excited.

Christmas lights

4) Christmas decorations
Oh, I just instantly feel so happy whenever I see any Christmas decorations - whether it's a Christmas tree or a string of lights, it is one of those simple pleasures in life that never fails to cheer me up.

5) Advent calendars
Who doesn't love eating chocolate for breakfast every day for 24 days?

6) Christmas Eve
Christmas Eve is actually my favourite day of the year - we have a family tradition of going to the cinema to watch a Christmas film, then we go out for a meal, and in the evening we have all of our family friends over for wine and pork baps. I just think it's the most exciting day of the year because I'm still so excited for Christmas, and it feels like a very magical day.


7) Seeing friends and family more frequently
There just seems to be a lot more social events during December, doesn't there? I love that I'm constantly seeing people that I may not have seen for a while and can catch up with them.

8) New Years' Eve
New Years' Eve definitely isn't my favourite day of the year (partly because it represents the end of Christmas), but I do love to spend the time with my family and friends, and I like that it represents a new start. And I always cry when the clock strikes 12 - usually my Grandad or mum set me off.

9) Christmas songs
I know almost all of the words to the majority of the Christmas songs, probably because I have spent so many years prancing around to them.


10) Christmas jumpers
When else can you wear a ridiculously garish item of clothing and perhaps make it look chic with a leather skirt and a shirt underneath? The more sparkle and glitter, the better.

11) The best TV
I love Christmas specials. Especially when they're about home decoration or Christmas baking - I personally love Kirstie's Handmade Christmas.

12) Christmas Day
Well, duh.
The best way to spread Christmas cheer, is singing loud for all to hear!
                           - Buddy the Elf
#projectsmile



No comments:

Post a Comment