Saturday, 17 December 2016

The 2 best Christmas candles ever


I love candles, and my favourite kind of scents are Christmassy ones. I own a lot of different fragrances, so I thought I would share my two favourites with you because they smell too good not to.

Yankee Candle Christmas Memories


My first favourite is by Yankee Candle, and is their Christmas Memories scent. I bought this with 50% off in the January sales a couple of years back, and I have burnt it such a lot since (yes, even during summer). I would probably say that this is my favourite fragrance of all time - it is so strong, and fills the whole house with the scent of Christmas - cinnamon, spices, gingerbread and vanilla. 

Obviously, Yankee Candle is fairly expensive. But this one is 100% worth it; it makes me so happy whenever I burn it!

Yankee Candle Christmas Memories Candle
Home Bargains Gingerbread Candle

Home Bargains Gingerbread Candle

My second favourite Christmas candle is, unbelievably, from Home Bargains and is £2.99. TWO POUNDS NINETY-NINE. This smells of pure gingerbread and looks almost exactly like a Yankee Candle, and is the same large size. It also has a really strong scent that fills the house - at uni three of us have this candle and it smells so good when we all burn it at the same time. I have bought at least 3 of these for Christmas gifts this year as they make such good presents; they look so much more expensive than they actually are. You can also get this candle in a smaller size for 69p if you just want to sample it (but trust me, you will buy the full size very soon afterwards).

Home Bargains is such a good place to shop for candles - for Christmas this year they also have a few other flavours: spiced apple, vanilla and mulled wine. But gingerbread is definitely my favourite. I think I'm going to stock up on a few of these to last me throughout the year before they bring out their Christmas candle range again next Christmas.

Home Bargains Christmas Gingerbread Candle

I think my favourite is probably the Yankee Candle one, but the Home Bargains candle comes a very, very close second. They are both such amazing scents and also look gorgeous dotted around the house. I will be burning these constantly until Christmas (and, let's face it, well into the new year...).
In Japan, broken objects are often repaired with gold. The flaw is seen as an unique piece of the object's history, which adds to its beauty. Consider this when you feel broken.
#projectsmile



No comments:

Post a Comment