Wednesday, 21 December 2016

The Hartley Arms, Wheaton Aston


The Hartley Arms, 56 Long St, Wheaton Aston, Stafford, ST19 9NF

Yesterday lunchtime my family and I visited The Hartley Arms for a meal with my grandparents. The Hartley Arms is a quaint countryside pub not far from Weston Park, just off the A5. We pre-booked our meals off the Christmas menu, which was 3 courses for £15.95.

I had the smoked salmon and prawn salad to start, which was so nice - smoked salmon is one of my favourite foods, and the creamy prawns really complimented it. It was actually quite filling!


I had the nut roast as my main. This nut roast had a twist; it was topped with sweet potato and goats cheese. It was absolutely delicious - the best nut roast I've ever had. The goats cheese tasted amazing and was really warm and gooey on top of the nuttiness of the base. We were given loads of vegetables to go with it - and the waiter kindly brought us out some roast potatoes when we asked for them.


I was really stuffed by this point, but had ordered the brownie for my pudding. It was the perfect brownie - gooey on the inside, and served warm with ice-cream.

Then we were given a round of mince pies, which I just could not bring myself to eat as I was so full. Which is very unusual for me as I'm often the one finishing off everyone else's food. The meal was such good quality and we were given a lot of it - I had a lovely few hours catching up with my family and telling awful cracker jokes.

Yesterday evening my sister and I went bowling with our friends, which I haven't done in years. I actually got a strike on my first go (which didn't record on the system!!), but then it all went downhill from there. It was really fun though and I wasn't actually as bad as I thought I was - it's something I definitely will do again in the near future.
Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value.
                  - Albert Einstein
#projectsmile



1 comment:

  1. The food looks so tasty! Sophie x

    sophiehmstewart.com

    ReplyDelete