Sunday, 19 February 2017

A meal out with the family


Goldfish Print Shirt - Zara
Jeans - Topshop (Similar)
Pink Mules - Primark

Today my family met up with our extended family for a meal out. We met my grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins at The Bell in Trysull for Sunday dinner, and this is what I wore. This shirt is so me - I love printed shirts, they are one of my smarter staples in my wardrobe and I have quite a few different ones. So when I saw this goldfish print shirt, I kind of had to add it  to my collection. I love the shape of it, as it's more oversized than most of my shirts, and it's made of a really soft material.

I paired it with my well-loved black jeans and my pink mules that I got from Primark, to dress it up a bit. A very comfy outfit that allowed for my huge food baby!


The Bell Inn, Wombourne Road, Trysull, Wolverhampton, WV5 7JB

The Bell Inn is a country pub on the outskirts of Wolverhampton. We had the Sunday lunch menu, and I chose the Greek salad for my starter. The dressing was honey and mustard and was delicious. I also love feta cheese, so this was an amazing way to start off my meal.


Then I chose the vegetarian cottage pie. Most other people had meat, and The Bell is very generous with portions. Our end of the table basically had a huge bowl of vegetables each! The cottage pie was lovely - it was just what I wanted for dinner on a Sunday. I then finished it all off with a chocolate fudge cake (which, in my opinion, could have been slightly bigger...!).


Afterwards we all piled outside to have obligatory family photos.


And Fergus, our cousin's dog, had to get involved too!


I had such a lovely day and it was really nice to catch up with my family. We don't live that close to each other, so whenever we meet up we always make the most of it. It's so difficult to get everyone together nowadays, so when we do I think we all appreciate it!

I hope you have had a lovely weekend too :)
I have come to understand that inner strength comes from receiving love as much as it comes from giving it.
                             - Donald Miller
#projectsmile



1 comment:

  1. What a lovely day and a yum feta cheese xx

    www.extraodiary.com

    ReplyDelete