Sunday, 26 February 2017

Cheltenham


This weekend I travelled down to Cheltenham in Gloucester to visit my friend Jenny, who is now living there. I haven't seen her in ages, so it was so nice to catch up and finally view her lovely flat.

I love Cheltenham - I think the Georgian-style houses with huge windows and pale brick are gorgeous, and it's one of those quirky little towns where there is lots to see and do, with little shops selling gifts and lots of independent cafes, bars and restaurants. I adore the Cotswolds in general and have always thought that I could see myself living there in the future, especially as I'm such a country girl at heart.


The weekend, naturally, mainly revolved around food. We started off with a cheeseboard, wandered around a few shops, stopped off for a hot chocolate and cake, and ended up at a Thai restaurant for dinner. I actually didn't take that many photos (partly because it was raining and dull most of the time), but we spent so much time chatting that I just forgot to get my camera out of my bag. It felt like we had a lot to catch up on!


Last night we ended up in Jenny's flat, drinking hot chocolate and watching Mean Girls. This morning I drove to my aunt and uncle's house, who also live in the Cotswolds, and they cooked a delicious mushroom risotto and garlic bread for me. It was also lovely to catch up with them!

I feel like I have had a really nice, but fairly busy, weekend, and I feel really tired this evening. I'm going to go to sleep soon and try and get a refreshing sleep before another Monday morning.

Monday, let's do this!
Don't be in such a rush to figure everything out. Embrace the unknown and let your life surprise you.
#projectsmile



1 comment:

  1. I lived in Cheltenham for a few months while at university and I really liked it there! It was one of my favourite placement locations - I did my GP placement there and would happily go back that direction. Also I love these kind of catch ups with friends where you forget about everything else and just chat :)
    Jennifer x
    Ginevrella | Lifestyle & Wellbeing

    ReplyDelete