Thursday, 2 February 2017

Koop, Liverpool


Koop, 74 Bold Street, Liverpool, L1 4HR

This evening my friend Kath and I decided to go for a meal out for a catch up, and we found ourselves wandering down the infamous Bold Street, trying to find somewhere to eat. Bold Street is known for having lots of different independent restaurants on it - you could literally find any type of food there. Fancy pizza? Try Crust. Want Indian with a twist? Mowgli's the place to go.

We decided that we'd like to try somewhere new, and when we spotted the outside of Koop we were intrigued. I looked it up, and it opened in May last year - and became famous in Liverpool when it gave away 1000 chicken wings on its opening.


The owners of Koop want it to be Liverpool's "number-one chicken dining destination", and you can see why by the menu. Koop offers lots of different flavours of chicken wings and other types of chicken, and you can eat as little or as much as your want.

However we decided not to go down the traditional chicken route, and we went for burgers instead, of which the menu has a comprehensive list of.


We also decided that we had to try the milkshakes. I ordered a banana and peanut butter one, and honestly, I think it's one of the best milkshakes I've ever had. Banana is my favourite flavour of milkshake anyway, but add in the nutty texture of the peanut butter and it is divine! Kath had a banana and chocolate one, which was also delicious.


Burger-wise, I ordered the "Hello Me" burger. This contained portobello mushroom, grilled halloumi, houmous, lettuce and caramelised onions (it was the halloumi that attracted me!). It was gorgeous - really moist, and a good alternative to the usual bean burger that vegetarians usually have to go with. I also ordered my fries with parmesan cheese and garlic, and these were amazing. One of the best combinations I've ever had with chips, and a huge portion too.

I really liked the industrial feel and exposed walls that Koop had, and I think it really fits with Bold Street's aesthetic. We also only paid £12 each for our drink and main meal. Altogether a very pleasing meal out - I will definitely be back to try some more of the menu items! (And have that shake and those fries again...)


Afterwards we made our way to the Odeon cinema in Liverpool one, where we went to watch Split. Split is a film about a man with multiple personality disorder, who kidnaps 3 girls. It was so interesting and had a really good storyline! It was a bit jumpy at some points but wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, plus it was very unpredictable. Definitely one to watch if you haven't already.

Wish me luck that I sleep tonight though...!
Everything you do now is for your future.
#projectsmile



No comments:

Post a Comment