Wednesday, 8 February 2017

The embroidered blouse

Embroidered Cold Shoulder Top - River Island via Very.co.uk*
Ripped Black Jeans - Asos
Pink Mules - Primark

After attending the Very.co.uk event back in November, they very kindly sent me this blouse (plus a skirt that you will see in a post very soon!), and look at how gorgeous it is!


I love how much detailing it has in it - the gorgeous embroidery, plus the cold shoulder details, and the peplum and high necked style of the top. It's quite sheer which makes it sexy without being showy as it comes with a camisole to wear underneath, and the shape of it makes it really flattering. It can be dressed up or down - I actually wore this outfit out for a meal with my friend last week (to Koop restaurant, which was amazing FYI). But you could also easily wear it for a night out.

I also love these pink fake suede mules - they were only around £10 from Primark, and they are comfy because of the low heel, and could be worn in the day or at night. And the whole look came together with my trusty black ripped jeans.


I actually had a bit of a body confidence/looks crisis when I looked back over these photos and was unsure whether I should post them or not. But then I thought, what does it matter how I look? I'm showing you how the clothes look - and actually, there are more important things in life than looking good. Yes, I may have put on a bit of weight, but I'm still the same person, and at the end of the day that's what I'm going to be remembered for - not how I looked in some skinny jeans and a sheer top. I also felt confident when I wore this outfit, and I was happy - and that's more important to me than how I look.


Today has actually just been spent in my Winnie the Pooh pyjamas, so I thought I'd give you a more exciting outfit post on my blog today. Life has been pretty standard the past couple of weeks, consisting of my psychiatry placement, naps and food, but I'm really looking forward to this weekend now - my best friend is coming up to Liverpool and we have a ball to attend!
Don't be beautiful.
They keep saying that beautiful is something a girl needs to be. But honestly? Forget that. Don't be beautiful. Be angry, be intelligent, be witty, be klutzy, be interesting, be funny, be adventurous, be crazy, be talented - there are an eternity of other things to be other than beautiful.
And what is beautiful anyway, but a set of letters strung together to make a word?
Be your own definition of amazing, always. That is so much more important than anything beautiful, ever.
                       - Nikita Gill
#projectsmile



1 comment:

  1. That's so true! Being beautiful is not important, being yourself is!
    Btw I love that blouse!
    https://avolovers.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete