Sunday, 26 March 2017

Iceland

This is going to be a very quick post, as I got back from Iceland today and I feel exhausted! I will be doing a full post tomorrow.


The past few days have been so fun, spent exploring Reykjavik and the surrounding areas, including the Blue Lagoon, and eating lots of nice food. We arrived in Iceland at around midday on Thursday, and spent the day getting our bearings and settling into our accommodation.


On Friday we visited the Blue Lagoon and spent around 5 hours there. I think this was definitely my favourite part of the trip, as it was so relaxing and such a surreal experience.


Yesterday was spent in Reykjavik, exploring the shops and the main church, as well as wandering around the harbour area. In the evening we went on a trip to see the northern lights, but unfortunately they didn't show themselves, which was a little disappointing.

I had such a nice few days with a lovely group of friends, and I would definitely go back to Iceland again as there is so much more that I would like to see in the form of waterfalls and glaciers. It is such a magical country with so much to offer for everyone.



No comments:

Post a Comment