Friday, 10 March 2017

I've got a job as a junior doctor!


Yesterday we found out our job allocations - and as of August I am going to be a junior doctor in the North West region of the country!

Earlier this academic year I decided that I wanted to stay in Liverpool, so when I applied to jobs in October I put the North West as my top choice. Yesterday I was told that I had got it, and I was so pleased. We now all have to apply to hospitals within that region, so I will put Liverpool hospitals as my top choice.


Last night, of course, we decided to celebrate. As my friend Kelly said, "You only get your first job as a doctor once!" - and how could I argue with that?! So we joined a group of friends down at Revolution by the docks and had a lovely meal and some cocktails.


I'm so excited for what the future holds, and I can't wait for more northern adventures with my fellow doctor friends.
The best way to predict the future is to invent it.
#projectsmile



2 comments:

  1. Congratulations again! It's such an exciting time, and yes - you do only get your first job as a doctor once! Glad you're celebrating and good luck with the next round of rankings etc. :)
    Jennifer x
    Ginevrella | Wellbeing & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations lovely! So excited for you! Good luck with everything ahead xx

    ReplyDelete