Monday, 13 March 2017

Meat Factory, Lark Lane


Meat Factory, 99 Lark Lane, Liverpool, L17 8UP

As I mentioned in yesterday's post, today marked my last ever medical school exam (well hopefully, if I pass it!), so myself and my housemate Kelly decided to go out for lunch afterwards to celebrate. I forgot my camera, so apologies for the phone photos!

We wanted to go to Evil Eye on Smithdown Road (post here), but it was closed so we decided to visit nearby Lark Lane, which is close to Sefton Park and has lots of different restaurants on it. We wanted somewhere that would provide hearty (aka fatty) food, so after looking at the menu we chose Meat Factory, which is about halfway up Lark Lane.


All of Lark Lane's restaurants are generally really cool and different, and Meat Factory was no exception. The atmosphere inside was quite American, with painted murals and quotes on the wall and signs for Southern Comfort and Brooklyn Brewers. As you may have noticed from my blog I am not a huge meat eater, so I was a bit unsure about eating in a place with 'meat' in the name, but there were quite a few things that I could choose, including pizza, a burger and fries.


To start we decided to share some nachos. They had so much cheese on top which made them taste amazing, and I loved that they were served with jalapeno peppers. The only thing I would recommend is that you order some sour cream or guacamole with them, as once the cheese and mince had gone, you were just left with the crisps underneath with nothing on them. Still delicious though!


I then went for the 'There's Always One' veggie burger (ha), which had a vegetable patty, salad and Meat Factory's signature sauce. The sauce was definitely what made it - it was so tasty! The burgers don't come with chips (hence being priced at around £6-8), so I ordered a side of the hoi sin duck fries. These were basically skinny chips covered in hoi sin duck, cucumber and spring onion and, oh my gosh, they were incredible. They were quite sweet because of the hoi sin sauce, and very filling, but they were such a lovely twist on the classic side of fries. I'd like to try their chilli cheese fries next!


Afterwards we were so stuffed - I really struggled to finish my burger, and that's unusual for me. We each paid around £14 for a drink, starter and main (loadssss of food), and I haven't eaten anything for the rest of the day because I'm still not at all hungry. I would definitely go back! Meat Factory also have a breakfast/lunch menu running until 5pm, which has full English breakfasts and sandwiches on it. 

We then came home and I finished a bit of work off, before promptly falling asleep (apparently it's National Nap Day, so I had to honour that, didn't I?).

I hope you all had a lovely Monday!
You may have made some mistakes, and you may not be where you want to be, but that's got nothing to do with your future.
#projectsmile



No comments:

Post a Comment