Sunday, 19 March 2017

Russell Howard's Round the World Tour


Brunch T-Shirt - Zara
Gingham Skirt - H&M
Denim Jacket - Vintage
Boots - Old

I wore this outfit last night when I went to Birmingham to watch Russell Howard's live show with my sister. I love this skirt (even though it's quite short!), and the gingham and the ruffles are both so on trend right now. It's surprisingly versatile due to its monochromatic colours, so it goes with so many different tops. This t-shirt is also really fun because the burger and cocktail are stuck down by velcro, so they are removable!


Russell Howard was so good last night! He left me with black eyeliner all down my face and an aching tummy (definitely a good sign), but he also put across some really important points. He talked about politics, mental health, the NHS and happiness, but in a really funny and relatable way. He is really using his platform and fame to discuss important topics, and I've never seen a comedian do that before. It left me feeling so inspired and happy to be in this world - he reminded us all of the most important things in life, and at the end of the day all you will be left with is your loved ones and the memories that you have with them. What's the point in spending the time moaning and worrying about the number of Instagram followers you have, or your weight and getting angry at Tesco's croissants being the wrong shape (this actually happened)?

To be honest, I'd rather spend my time just wrapped up in mine and my loved ones' lives, and stop worrying about what other people are doing. I'd rather be right there in the moment and stop worrying about the past, or what could happen next. I want to make memories that I can tell my grandchildren about in 50 years - memories that I'll still be giggling about when I'm 80 years old.

If you have the opportunity, go and watch Russell Howard live - or buy the DVD when it comes out. I think his show could really change the way that a lot of people think. I certainly found it very inspiring, and I've decided that I want to enjoy the short time that I have on this planet. What's life without a bit of laughter?!
Happiness is letting go of what you think your life is supposed to look like, and celebrating it for everything that it is.
#projectsmile



No comments:

Post a Comment