Monday, 6 March 2017

Sefton Park and Lark Lane's Gelato


Gelato Ice Cream Parlour, 41 Lark Lane, Liverpool, L17 8UW

Today has been such a lovely day, so this afternoon my housemate Kelly and I decided to go for a walk around Sefton Park. Sefton Park is a huge 235 acre park in Liverpool, with lots to see including lakes, caves and fountains. It's definitely worth a visit if you're in the area, especially during spring and summer time.


We walked through the centre of the park and I took the opportunity to take some photos of the crocuses. I love spring flowers - daffodils, crocuses and bluebells. It feels like it marks the start of nicer weather and a new start. Sefton Park has lots of different flowers scattered around - it always looks beautiful.


On the other side of Sefton Park you will find Lark Lane, a street renowned for its cafes, bars and restaurants - so of course we headed in that direction. We walked to Gelato, an ice-cream parlour about halfway up Lark Lane, and picked up an ice-cream each because it was such a nice day. I went for a scoop of banana and a scoop of salted caramel, and it was delicious. I would say that Gelato has the best ice-cream I have ever tried in England - it very much reminds me of Italian ice-cream, and you can tell that it is all homemade.


As we wandered home we passed families, dogs and couples - Sefton Park has such a lovely atmosphere and we're so lucky to live fairly close to it. It's somewhere I don't take advantage of enough, but I definitely want to start as the weather starts to warm up!
It's not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you're not.
#projectsmile



No comments:

Post a Comment