Thursday, 13 April 2017

The Shrewsbury Arms, Albrighton


The Shrewsbury Arms, 70 High Street, Albrighton, Wolverhampton, WV7 3LA

As we are all off for Easter now, we decided to meet my grandparents for lunch at The Shrewsbury Arms in Albrighton, a pub in a village not too far outside of Wolverhampton. The pub is large with a restaurant and bar area, and has lots of exposed timber and brick, with beautiful regal decor inside. It also has a lovely little garden - I would have loved to have sat out there if the sun was shining slightly more!


The menu is quite extensive with lots of choices - I was actually quite stuck on what to choose! From 12-5pm Monday to Friday, The Shrewsbury Arms also had a lunchtime menu that is £10.95 for 2 courses, or £13.95 for 3.


In the end, I decided on the veggie burger (surprise, surprise!). The patty was made up of various vegetables, including sweet potato, and you could really tell that it was homemade. It was served with chips and coleslaw, and it was delicious! I love it when a restaurant takes the time to make their own veggie burgers - they always taste so much better. I was also really tempted with the baked camembert and the risotto. We also ordered some cheddar mash as a side, because mashed potato has to be one of my favourite foods and I couldn't resist.


My sister had a hanging kebab, which was very interesting!


For dessert I decided to have the jam jar sundae in the strawberry flavour. It was basically a jar filled with strawberry ice-cream, shortbread and strawberries, and it was lovely.


I really enjoyed our meal at The Shrewsbury Arms, and if you're looking for an upmarket pub with good quality yet not-too-expensive food, it's the place to go. I will definitely be back soon to try some more items off their menu. They also have live music on Friday nights, which is well worth a visit for - the bar area is just as lovely as the restaurant area.
Don't give up now. Chances are your best kiss, your hardest laugh, and your greatest day are still yet to come.
#projectsmile



No comments:

Post a Comment