Sunday, 14 May 2017

Bad choices make good stories


T-Shirt - River Island
Striped Culottes - George at Asda
Shoes - Primark
Denim Jacket - Vintage

I feel like this t-shirt should come with a disclaimer that says *unless you're a doctor*. I think bad choices can make good stories in general life - for example, going out with the wrong person will leave you with a lot of stories. However I don't think that quite applies in my line of work, where mistakes can cost lives... I do, however, like the meaning behind the slogan - that you should go out and have fun, and if it goes wrong then you will have some funny stories to tell. Plus you shouldn't regret your mistakes, because you will have learnt something from them. I think sometimes we become so wrapped up in the notion that something may go wrong and we end up missing out on opportunities because of this. When in fact, when we are older, the things we will regret will be those that we didn't do. Risks and change are often very good for us humans.


I have really been into culottes recently, and this pair were only about £10 from Asda. They are really comfy to wear, are easy to pair with a lot of different tops, and are perfect for this transitional time of year when it's often sunny but just not warm enough for shorts. I also thought that these are smart enough to wear for work in the summer.


Today has been a fairly exciting one as I went out with my dad this morning to look for some paint to paint a couple of chest of drawers that I have for my new flat (which I move into on Friday!!!), plus some handles for the drawers. I also bought a few other homeware bits. I cannot tell you how excited I am to move into my flat and make it mine - I'm also really looking forward to being able to share some more interior posts on my blog, so look out for those in the summer!
May your choices reflect your hopes, not your fears.
                                - Nelson Mandela
#projectsmile



1 comment:

  1. Sh I love this outfit Hannah! I'm on look out for more funky trousers to go with my ever growi collection of slogan tees!

    Charlotte | www.shoestringchic.co.uk

    ReplyDelete