Friday, 19 May 2017

Empty flat tour


If you have read any of my blog posts over the last few weeks (seriously, I mention it a lot), you will know that I am moving into a new flat to start my life as a doctor - and today was MOVE IN DAYYYY!!! I really cannot express how excited I was to get my keys and look around my flat again, as well as start to move some of my things in. These photos were taken as soon as we walked into the flat (just after I fell in love with it once again) - so I thought I would show you my empty flat tour.

The photo above and below is my kitchen/lounge. I'm right in the top flat, so the eaves of the house are obvious in this room, which I really love as I think it gives it some character. I love the grey colour of the walls, and I'm planning to add in loads of colour via cushions/throws/furniture/accessories. This is definitely the room I'm most excited to decorate!


This room is my bedroom, and is also painted grey. I'm planning on having a pink/copper colour scheme in here, so that it feels really relaxing and cosy.


Down the stairs to the bathroom...!


This is my bathroom, and I'm also planning to add loads of colour in here with towels, prints and candles. I already have a chest of drawers that I've painted a bright blue colour, which I'm looking forward to storing all of my products in. I also really want to get one of those ladder shelves to store towels on.


I am so pleased with my flat and it's already starting to look more homely with each one of my belongings that I move in. We moved kitchen stuff plus a few decorative accessories over today, and tomorrow I'm off to IKEA to buy a bed and some shelving.

I can't wait to get all of my stuff in - look out for more room tours over the next few months, where I will be showing you each finished room, plus some ideas on how to decorate on a budget (aka student loan)!
The beautiful thing about life is that you can always change, grow and get better. You aren't defined by your past. You aren't your mistakes.
#projectsmile



1 comment:

  1. In LOVE with the flat!! It looks gorgeous, and will look even better when you're fully moved in!

    Kate

    ReplyDelete