Monday, 1 May 2017

Pho, Birmingham


Pho, Grand Central, Stephenson Street, Birmingham, B2 4XJ

As it was bank holiday Monday today, I went along to Birmingham with my mum and a few of our family friends, one of whom is getting married in the summer and needed to go shopping for a wedding outfit. We spent most of the day wandering around John Lewis and House of Fraser searching for suitable bride attire (and I also had a sneaky peek at the homeware section in John Lewis, as well as Oliver Bonas!). By around 12.30pm we were starving and needed to sit down, so we decided to go for lunch in Pho, a Vietnamese restaurant situated in the Grand Central shopping centre.


As we were so hungry, we ordered a couple of big plates of prawn crackers to start. Pho's signature dish is Vietnames noodle soup, which is similar to ramen, which I have tried before. For my starter, I decided to have the rice paper rolls stuffed with vegetables and prawns, served with a peanut sauce. They were delicious, especially the peanut sauce, and seemed like they were fairly healthy. Next time I would like to try the spring rolls!


As it was my first time at a Pho restaurant, I decided that I had to try one of their specialties. I went for the prawn, chicken and beef noodle soup, and I asked for some added pak choi. All of the noodle soups come with a plate full of fresh herbs on top, of which you can add whatever you like, which I thought was a nice touch.


Underneath was a huge bowl of soupy goodness, packed full of meat, prawns, vegetables and noodles. I made myself use the chop sticks, and I was actually okay with them (usually this goes disastrously wrong for me!). It tasted so nice and was really hearty and filling, plus it wasn't too unhealthy as it was packed full of fresh, healthy ingredients.


Our friends ordered various dishes, including a chicken stir fry and a curry, and they looked delicious too.

I would really recommend the Pho restaurants, as the food is delicious and fairly well priced. I actually just found out that there is a new one on Bold Street in Liverpool, so I'm excited to go and try out some more of the food there in the future!
Quit saying you don't have time. You have time for what you make time for in life.
                              - Bryant McGill
#projectsmile



1 comment:

  1. My dad loves Pho so I've been a couple of times with him and the food is always great! I usually have the curry which is really tasty :)
    Jennifer X
    Ginevrella | Wellbeing & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete