Wednesday, 14 June 2017

Mykonos


The last couple of days in Greece have been spent on Mykonos, an island famous for its windy weather, LGBTQ community and partying. We were staying at the Paradise Beach resort, which attracts lots of famous DJs including people like LMFAO in the past.


The first night was spent dancing on the tables and on the beach. The party started at 4pm with a Latin dancing party (basically like a big Zumba session!), and eventually turned into a UV paint party from 10pm onwards. It was so much fun and I danced for hours and hours, but I was in bed by 1am as we started so early!


 We spent our second day in Mykonos sleeping and sunbathing on the beach. The water was crystal clear and so refreshing after being in the sun.


Later in the evening we caught the bus to Mykonos town, where we had dinner. The town was really beautiful, with lots of little winding streets to explore and blue and white buildings. We were also able to see the windmills and watch the sun setting over the ocean.



Today we caught the ferry back to Athens for our last couple of nights in Greece. I feel like I didn't quite have enough time in Mykonos and I would love to go back to explore what else it has to offer. It was a busy island, but offered both partying and relaxation, so it would suit most peoples' needs.


I am actually quite looking forward to coming home now - I want to catch up on Netflix, sleep in my own bed, and cuddle my family and dogs!


Hannah x

No comments:

Post a Comment