Tuesday, 27 June 2017

The Fox at Shipley


The Fox at Shipley, Wolverhampton Road, Wolverhampton, WV6 7EH

This evening my family and I went to The Fox for a meal with my grandparents, to celebrate my sister's and Grandad's birthday. The Fox is somewhere that always makes me feel quite nostalgic, as we always used to go there when we were younger, especially for birthdays.

The Fox always has a 2 for 1 menu, so when you buy one main meal you will get another free (or they usually halve the price of a main meal if you end up with an extra one, eg if there are an odd number of people). This makes the food really good value. The menu has lots of choices, most of which are typical pub meals, and they are well-known for their huge variety of meats on offer. The menu has exotic meats such as crocodile, zebra, wild boar and kangaroo - we even saw that there was horse on offer this evening, which for some reason seemed more odd than the rest of the meats!

To start I shared some nachos with my mum. They were so cheesy and came with a large bowl full of salsa, guacamole and sour cream.


For my main I chose the goan vegetable curry, which contained chickpeas, sweet potatoes, onions, spinach and curry leaves. It was served with rice, chips and naan bread. It was delicious but so filling...

...But, of course, I still had room for a pudding. The ice-cream sundaes at The Fox are some of my favourite desserts around, and if you choose a large size they are humongous. I chose a small chocolate brownie ice-cream sundae and it was still really filling.

The Fox is a great place to visit if you're looking for some well-priced and delicious pub grub that will fill you up, with some really friendly staff that are always happy to help. The pub often gets really full in the evenings, so it's usually worth booking ahead, especially at the weekend.
The only cure I have ever known for fear and doubt and loneliness is an immense love of self.
                          - Alison Malee
#projectsmile



1 comment:

  1. Those foods looks very delicious

    www.extraodiary.com

    ReplyDelete