Tuesday, 11 July 2017

The day we visited Slovenia


As we are staying so far north in Croatia, we are nearly on the Slovenian border. So today we decided to visit Piran, a coastal town in southern Slovenia with medieval architecture and Venetian influences.


I've had this dress for about 3 years now, and I still love it as much as I did back then. It's originally from Missguided and is so timeless with the white colour and cheesecloth material. It's lovely and cool in the hot weather, and I find myself reaching for it again and again during the summer months.


I fell in love with Piran and its multicoloured houses, especially the pastel ones in the main piazza (first photo in this post), as they reminded me of ice-cream. There were lots of little cafes and restaurants to while away the time in, and the sea looked so inviting as we were walking past it.


I wasn't sure what Slovenia would be like, but I'd love to see some more of it! If you plan on driving into the country like us, remember your passport as they check it at the border. You also have to buy a pass to be able to drive in Slovenia otherwise you may get a huge fine - these can be brought at most service stations in Croatia.


Hannah x

No comments:

Post a Comment