Sunday, 23 July 2017

Hawkstone Park


Green Satin Kimono - New Look
T-Shirt - Topshop
Jeans - New Look
Belt - Asos (Similar)
Stan Smith Trainers - Adidas

Firstly, I just wanted to apologise for the quality of these photos. There was a weird white smudge on all of them that has never been on my camera lens before. My camera has really been playing up recently and has not been focusing properly, so I need to get it professionally cleaned and fixed. I just loved this outfit so much that I wanted to show you it anyway, even if the photo quality is poor!


I got this satin kimono for my birthday and I absolutely love it. I also love the t-shirt with the embroidered succulents. This is such a typical 'me' outfit - jeans and a t-shirt, plus something printed over the top. It's so easy to throw on and was perfect for a walk around Hawkstone Park on Saturday.


Hawkstone Park is situated near Shrewsbury in Shropshire, and is a large parkland covering over 100 acres, dating back to the 18th century. It is made up of caves, cliffs, towers, bridges, ravines, arches and woodland, and a walk around the park can take up to 3 and a half hours (although there are much shorter walks that take just an hour). These photos were taken from The Monument, a tower that is around 100 foot high and has amazing views over the whole of Shropshire.

Myself and my friend Roxy wanted a fairly cheap day out, so I suggested that we visit Hawkstone as she had never been before and it cost us each around £8. We spent hours wandering around the park, discovering interesting things around every corner we turned. I especially loved the Grotto (a series of caves - make sure you take a torch as they are very dark!) and the Swiss bridge (a thin wooden bridge over a ravine). The views from the park were pretty spectacular too. Just as we were heading back to the car - and were at the farthest point possible in the park - the heavens opened and it tipped it down. We walked as quickly as we could back to the start of the park, and decided to stop in the cafe for a drink as we were soaked through.


I really enjoyed our day at Hawkstone and it felt like quite an adventurous day out - I was really tired when I got home. I would definitely recommend a visit if you're looking for something a bit different to do in the Shropshire area. It would suit all ages, although I wouldn't recommend it for those that are less mobile as there is a lot of walking and climbing stairs involved.
Judge nothing, you will be happy. Forgive everything, you will be happier. Love everything, you will be happiest.
#projectsmile



No comments:

Post a Comment